This color combination is classic, sophisticated, and always stylish.
One of the things I love about being a designer is the opportunity to find inspiration anywhere. The other day, I was dressed in navy, vermillion, and turquoise and was struck by how great those colors look together. This color combination is classic, sophisticated, and always stylish. In design, these three colors together look bold, confident, and eclectic.
1. Ocean from Lulu DK
2. Colorful chic! Image via Breakfast at Yurman’s
3. Devon Leigh Turquoise Beaded Necklace
4. She’s Pampered from Essie: My go-to summer nail color!
5. Turkish Tulip. Image via Susan Fredman
6. Blue room design by Miles Redd via Elle Decor
7. Deep Royal from Benjamin Moore
8. Ohm Mirror by Bunny Williams
Cover image features, from left to right, Salutation III by Eric Zinner, Giorgio Armani for Elle Decor, and Abstract 116 by Kris Carlson.
Red excites people with an enticing, energetic jolt of color.
Red is simply a sexy, va-va-voom color. It makes people think of lipstick, fast cars, love, and risk. Red excites people with an enticing, energetic jolt of color. Brunettes and blonds look great in red, and it’s hard to think of a color that implies more emotion. You can saturate an entire room in this bold palette or wear it all over for a glamorous night out!
1. Stitched Puzzle wallcovering from Maya Romanoff
2. Lantern by Urban Electric, custom colored for Amy Aidinis Hirsch Interior Design. Photo by Neil Landino.
3. Mark Rothko
4. Chair by Duralee with Yoma fabric for a client of AAH. Photo by Neil Landino.
5. 1960 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Roadster
6. Living room with red accents, design by AAH. Photo by Neil Landino.
7. Christian Louboutin, Platform Red Pumps
8. A-line Mini Dress from Victoria Beckham
9. Custom sofa design by AAH. Photo by Neil Landino.
10. Red and white design. Image via High Street Market.
**Cover image design by Brian McCarthy via Elle Decor