Pretty in pink.
Pink is not an easy color to design with, but I can appreciate it in certain elements.
I’ll be honest with you — I’m not obsessed with the color pink. It’s just not my go-to color on the wheel. It always seems like such a stereotypical, over-used “girl color” to me, but it also makes me think of bubblegum and Pepto-Bismol. It’s not an easy color to design with, but I can appreciate it in certain elements. I love pink flowers and reading Pinkalicious with my very girly-girl four year old. Pink has also become a positive symbol for breast cancer research and awareness. Many women look beautiful in pink, which exudes femininity. It makes people think of spring, flowers, hope, and happiness. I don’t know about you, but as we endure yet another snow day here, I could use a reminder of spring! What do you think of pink?
1. Photography by Waldemar Hansson
2. Princess Pink from Benjamin Moore
4. Alexander McQueen Skull Embellished Watersnake Ballet Flats
5. Bedroom design by Amanda Nisbet
6. Retro pink fridge from Smeg
7. Pink shagreen box with brass inlay from Galart International
8. Square in Square rug in Rose by Vanderhurd
9. Oil painting by Kate Perkins