I love this mattress style cushion!
Sofas come in all manner of styles, and these are some of my favorites.
Sofas come in all manner of styles, and these are some of my favorites. What makes a sofa great is attention to details such as nail heads or the turn of a leg, artfully placed tufts, the shape of an arm, or the curve of the back. The upholstery is customizable and throw pillows add more interest, but the key is starting with that perfect sofa as the base.
1. B & B Italia Ray Sofa The steel base influences a modern feel. Get closer and you can see the beautiful stitching detail.
2. Coco Beach Sofa The revel of the arm with the nail head trim is a great detail.
3. Modern Chesterfield Sofa Love the tufting detail and the slight flair on the arm.
4. Benedict Chaise Think about pairing two of them together.
5. Chesapeake Sofa The wood frame adds another dimension to this sofa.
6. Field Bench Love the low back and the legs with casters.
7. Arden Sofa The Arden Sofa features beautiful tufts that are nicely balanced by solid, chunky legs.
8. Vicente Wolf Sofa Another example of great lines and delicate legs.
9. Classic Bridgewater Arm Sofa Add tufting to the back and it changes the look dramatically!
10. D & L Settee Not your conventional sofa – this is so elegant.
11. Thom Filicia Stylish structure and the platform wood base adds character.
12. Redcraft Sofa With deep tufting and solid legs, the Redcraft Sofa is a sumptuous piece of furniture.
One surprising design trick I really love is mixing fabrics on a sofa.
Some of the best ideas in interior design are things that catch people off guard and challenge their ideas of the way things are “supposed to” look. One surprising design trick I really love is mixing fabrics on a sofa. It’s not something you typically see, but it adds true visual interest and contrast.
Perhaps the ideal way to find your perfect sofa is to have it custom-upholstered. You start with the style of sofa you prefer and use it as your blank canvas. What do you imagine for this sofa?
Another detail I love: a mattress cushion on a sofa!