One of the most important aspects of a room is the lighting.
One of the most important aspects of a room is the lighting. Lighting contributes to both the mood and functionality of a space. When choosing a floor lamp, take into consideration qualities such as style, size, and shape. It’s also important to plan for the purpose of the lighting in that particular place – is it for mood, accent, or illuminating a specific task? The right floor lamp is as decorative as it is useful. Floor lamps are such a great opportunity to bring something sculptural to a room. Here are some of my favorite examples of floor lamps:
1. Anora Lamp, Dering Hall
2. Arborescence Floor Lamps
3. Black Widow, Dering Hall4. Cesare Lacca Floor Lamp
5. Charlton Floor Lamp6. Boston by Chelsom
7. Gold Leaf Barrel Frame Floor Lamp by Dimond Lighting
8. Mahari Floor Lamp
9. Nathan Floor Lamp
10. Soledad Floor Lamp from Roche Bobois
With so many different shapes, materials, colors, and finishes, you have endless options with table lamps!
Everyone needs lamps! The placement of your table lamps should always be strategic, leaving no dark spots while creating the ideal ambiance. Table lamps not only make a statement, but can change the whole feeling of a space. With so many different shapes, materials, colors, and finishes, you have endless options with table lamps! It’s important for a table lamp to have the right scale and shape for the space, so here are some of my favorite lamps to inspire you!
1. Brush Stroke Lamp from Bunny Williams
2. Sophie Lamps from Christopher Spitzmiller, Inc.
3. Trentham Vase Lamp from Vaughan Designs
4. Hudson Table Lamp by Dragonette Ltd.
5. Dunes and Duchess Four Arm Lamp
6. Clayton Home Concrete and Brass Table Lamp
7. Tessaras Table Lamp by Pamela Sunday for Studio Van Den Akker
8. David Iatesta Nantucket Lamp
9. Diego Table Lamp by Dragonette Ltd
10. Drum Lamp from Uhuru
11. Julian Chichester Capri Table Lamp
12. Stiffel Ceramic and Brass Glazed Lamps
A well-placed lamp gives a room a splash of color, a functional sculpture, or an interesting accent piece.
Lamps do a lot more for a room than simply provide a light source. Light is important, but so is color and style! A well-placed lamp gives a room a splash of color, a functional sculpture, or an interesting accent piece.
These next two lamps illustrate how a unique piece and a custom shade become a work of art.
I love the lamp below. It’s more like a glowing sculpture, unexpected and whimsical!