Beautiful books are decorative and say something about your interests.
Coffee table books make great gifts! They are also a good way to fill shelves without using a lot of trinkets. Beautiful books are decorative and say something about your interests. I have tons of interior design books, which isn’t surprising, but someone else might gravitate toward books on fashion, travel, photography, art, nature, or gardening. Coffee table books come in an array of sizes and colors, making it possible to find a beautiful book on a subject you love that also fits well with your interior. To display coffee table books, you can stack them, lay them side by side, or simply leave out one book at a time. Your collection will tell an interesting story. Here are some of my favorite coffee table books to get you inspired!
1. Rothko: An amazing introduction to Rothko’s work!
2. Abstract Expressionism: A beautiful look at the abstract expressionism movement in NY following World War II.
3. Andy Warhol: Features the life and work of the iconic Andy Warhol.
4. The Art Book: A fun, accessible compilation of artists from medieval times to present day.
5. The Little Black Jacket: Karl Lagerfeld and Carine Roitfeld’s reinterpretation of Chanel’s iconic little black jacket.
6. Cabinet of Natural Curiosities: Gorgeous displays of natural wonders!
7. Dealer’s Choice: Lush photos of homes belonging to the world’s foremost anitquaires.
8. Big Book of Chic: A lavish book featuring Miles Redd’s unique designs.
9. Cohler on Design: Cohler’s classic interiors interspersed with amazing inspirational design images.
10. Marilyn Monroe: Text from Normal Mailer’s biography of Marilyn along with Bert Stern’s incredible photography. I am so fortunate to have an edition of this book from my mother.
11. A Photographer’s Life: Everyone should have at least one book by Annie Leibovitz!
12. Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty: A look at the full breadth of McQueen’s amazing career.
13. Woman in the Mirror: Richard Avedon’s poetic portraits of women.
14. By the Light of the Sea: Always a go-to book!
15. Slim Aarons: Once Upon a Time: Influential photos of the rich and famous in their exclusive surroundings.
What kind of story do your coffee table books tell?