The color yellow makes me think of summer and the warmth of the sun.
The color yellow makes me think of summer and the warmth of the sun. It’s an energetic and vibrant shade that, I have to admit, I’m just lately being drawn to. It’s not a color I typically present to clients, maybe because I grew up surrounded by it in my mom’s house. I feel good when I’m wearing yellow, I just don’t often design with it. Now, however, I find myself liking yellow more and more. Not a pale yellow, but a bright, saturated hue ideally suited to long summer days!
1. Vionnet Spring/Summer 2012
2. Gracie Studio Wall Panel
3. Isabella Dining Chair
4. Stenciled Staircase via the style files
5. Little Angel 318 from Benjamin Moore
6. Fendi Fall 2012
7. Yellow Field by Vincent van Gogh
Turquoise is a summery hue that really resonates with me.
Turquoise is a summery hue that really resonates with me. It’s clean, fresh, and works great as a little accent or a bigger splash of color!
1. Gracie Studio hand painted wallpaper
2. Rhys Chair from Anthropologie
3. Turquoise necklace by Alexis Bittar
4. Alexander McQueen
5. Quadrille Fabric
6. Turquoise seas in Tekek, Malaysia. photo credit
7. 10th Street Tufted Sofa
8. Christian Louboutin 20th Anniversary Unzip 100 Suede Sandal
9. Ceramic Vase lamp from Vaughan
I love the exciting hue of Tangerine.
I love the exciting hue of Tangerine. It’s such an energetic and confident color, bold and certainly trendy. Tangerine is my daughter’s favorite color and the primary color of my own business cards. This color really resonates with me!
1. Room by Mary McDonald
2. Hand painted Chinese scenic panel by Gracie Studio
3. Tangerine gown by Carlos Miele
4. Greek Key Bedding with Pagoda Headboard
5. Tangerine silk clutch
6. Elie Tahari shoe
7. Leighelena Lizard Tangerine Wide Buckle Bracelet
8. Quadrille Fabrics in Pagoda
9. Interior by Lola Agaton
This deep inky color, just shy of black, is a shade I really love right now.
This deep inky color, just shy of black, is a shade I really love right now. I can see so many uses for it, from accents to wall coverings to fashion.
Cover Image: Photos by (left to right): Blue Pool Road, Pia Ulin, and Kate Mathis
1. Indigo Intrecciato Nappa Duo Bag
2. Beautiful industrial-chic kitchen with rustic touches by Richard Powers
3. Totem V by Meredith Pardue
4. Porta Romana Glass Slinky Lamp
5. F. Schumacher Greek Key Sisal
6. Surfacing by Eric Zener
7. Glazed Garden Stool by Dennis and Leen
8. Liya Kebede
I am obsessed with this amazing shade of green right now.
I am obsessed with this amazing shade of green right now. From fashion to design, it is so chic and glamorous!
1. SJAE ALEXANDRE 1950’s ottoman/coffee table
2. Paloma by Charlotte Olympia — my new fave shoe designer
3. Valentino Couture
4. Aurelie Bidermann Wild West Cuff
5. Diane von Furstenberg Jade/Ebony Clutch
7. French Glass Coffee Table by Jamb
8. Emerald glass chandelier by Amsterdam Modern
9. Fortuny fabric: Moresto