Relax in comfort.
My goal is to create a handsome room that will be suitable for my client’s son for many years to come.
I recently worked on an interesting project for a client who asked me to design eight bedrooms. The rest of the home had already been decorated by another talented designer, so I had to be conscious and respectful of the work that had previously been done while at the same time designing for eight different personalities. Sometimes it can be harder to adapt to a style already in place than to start with your own vision from the beginning! One of the bedrooms belongs to a young boy and has been particular pleasure to work on.
The goal is to create a handsome room that will be suitable for this boy for many years to come. I’m planning a room he can grow in, for the rest of his childhood and into his teens and early adulthood. For that to happen, the bedroom has to contain elements that will appeal to the young boy as well as the person he will grow into. I started with a palette of colors and patterns that are masculine without being too adult.
For the walls, I chose a paper from Phillip Jeffries that I’d been wanting to use for a long time!
The furnishings and accessories also fit the idea of creating a handsome room for this young man. With leather accents, plaid, and other boyish touches, the furniture had to be solid and strong without overpowering the space.
Another nice accent I used in this room is this leather braid for the window treatments.
I can’t wait to see all of these elements come together to create a fantastic room!
A night table is a personal space whose use and appearance depends on your habits.
A night table is a piece of furniture whose use and appearance depends on your habits. For example, my own night table has so much stuff on it! It’s usually covered with magazines that I never quite seem to finish reading. For you, the night table might be a place to store things, display things, or simply keep certain items within easy reach. The style of your night table can also be a reflection of the rest of the bedroom, using different materials to create an overall mood. The night table can be sexy with a glossy coat of lacquer or serene when layered with an ottoman. Or, it can be a simple, understated table! Here are some examples of great night tables in a variety of styles.
1. Astro Bedside Table by Oly. This table presents a lighter feeling when storage isn’t required.
2. Custom St. Tropez Nightstand with marble top.
3. Julien Chichester night table I installed in a client’s bedroom.
4. Jet Setter side tables by Room Service
5. Weems Table by David Iatesta
7. Eve Table from Dering Hall: I love the combination of nail heads, wood, and fabric.
8. Frances 2-Drawer Side Table from Bungalow 5
9. DL Marie Side Table from Profiles: Old world glam inspired.
10. Another custom night table for one of my clients.
11. VH Jeffrey Side Table from Profiles
12. Olin table from Dering Hall