This time of year, we spend so much time at the beach that it’s practically our home away from home. I love the beach, and it’s always been a big part of my life. In order to fully enjoy a day of sand and sun, there are certain essentials that I always have on hand for beach days. Here’s my list of must-have items for lazy hours at the beach!
1. A big, floppy hat! This Scarf Top Floppy Hat from San Diego Hat Company is perfect.
2. Sunscreen is always a staple. I stick with the basics, like Hawaiian Tropic‘s SPF 30 Sheer Touch Lotion.
3. I can’t live without my Ray-Ban Aviator sunglasses!
4. A big, big beach towel like this one from Hermes.
5. An amazing beach blanket. I love this one from Steven Allen. It’s great for both the beach and the home!
6. Letarte is my first stop when hunting for the perfect bathing suit, like this Adjustable Bikini in Navy.
7. A great bag! Mine is from Ralph Lauren‘s Rugby store, which sadly no longer exists. This bag has traveled with me for years.
8. We got these beach chairs from a local hardware store and they are perfect, with a mesh storage pocket and straps so you can carry them on your back.
9. Blistex Deep Renewal: A must before and after the sun.
10. Crinkle Shorts. When you’ve had enough sun, throw these on with a white t-shirt and call it a day!
11. Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask, to rejuvenate your hair after a day in the sun.
12. Tory Burch Flip Flops — another must!
13. A cooler for snacks and drinks, preferably something light and portable like this one from LL Bean.
14. A beach wagon is perfect for toting everything from your cooler and towels to the kids’ toys. This Foldable Beach Wagon is easy to pull across the soft sand and carries up to 100 pounds.
What are your favorite beach essentials?