When I think of Olive, it reminds me of army colors. It is one of those hues I tend to gravitate toward. Olive is an earth-oriented shade, not something that pops with jolts of color. It has a more serene presence. Although part of the green color family, Olive has a brown under hue and works well with a gray or neutral based palette. It’s also a very specific color. When you say green, people visualize a whole spectrum of possibilities. Say Olive, and everyone understands exactly what color that is.
1. Living room design by High Fashion Home.
2. Cleos Breeze fabric by Robert Allen
3. Z Spoke handbag by Zac Posen
4. Over the knee boots by Christian Louboutin
5. Paint colors by Benjamin Moore
6. Image via Modernica
7. Tripolina Chair from Environment Furniture
8. Dress by Shinaz Engineer
9. Risky Business, 2010, by Madeline Denaro